- Your system is running Debian and you have been given an RPM package to install. What command would you use to convert the RPM package to a Debian package for installation. Write down the command only.
- What would be the output of the following command?
head -n 10 /var/log/mail.log
a. Show the headings of the mail.log file
b. Show the last 10 lines of the mail.log file
c. Invalid command
d. Show the first 10 lines of the mail.log file
- What is the command to show all the installed packages on a Debian system?
a. rpm -qa
b. package --list-all
c. dpkg -l
d. apt-get list packages
- You have been tasked to troubleshoot a system that has a printer using a serial connection on Com Port 1 and also a PCI modem on Com Port 3. The devices are not working. What is the most likely reason?
a. Looking at /proc/interrupts, you determine that the two devices are using the same IRQ
b. One of the devices is broken.
c. setserial needs to be run to lower the speed
d. lspci states that the printer is not working
- Somebody has accidently deleted /usr/sbin/httpd and you need to reinstall it. How do you find which package installed this file on an RPM system?
a. dpkg -f /usr/sbin/httpd
b. rpm -qf /usr/sbin/httpd
c. dpkg -s /usr/sbin/httpd
d. chown /usr/sbin/httpd
- Write down the command that gives you a list of the commands that you have entered in a shell.
- Your users are complaining that emails they are receiving are all in one long line. Which utility can format the emails so that they will be on multiple lines and to fit a width of 72 characters?
- Which of these commands will list all the files and directories that begin with Cat and cat.
a. ls [Cc]at*
b. list Cat*
c. ls -cat*
d. ls [Cc]
- Which utility gives you a live display of the processes on your system? Write the command only.
- You wish to run the command foo so that when you close the terminal, it will continue to run. Which of the following will do this?
a. foo &
b. foo CTRL-Z ; bg
c. nohup foo
d. foo | bg