download python-ldap-2.4.7 untar edit setup.cfg and change the include-dir and library-dir locations to /usr/local/include /usr/local/include/sasl and /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/sasl2
and zope's python setup.py build and setup.py install
> But I ran into a problem while trying to build on my x86_64 Linux box: > > Modules/constants.c: In function 'LDAPinit?_constants': > Modules/constants.c:152: error: 'LDAP_OPT_DIAGNOSTIC_MESSAGE'
Problem is that those variables avail with openldap 2.4.x not with 2.3 so you need to upgrade to opne-ldap- 2.4 after a cvsup -g -L 2 /root/portsupfile
But then it complained about libtool >=2.4 so I tried to portupgrade -R libtool. but it unable to find devel/libtool.
- so I cd /usr/ports/devel/libtool which 2.4 then done make install clean
- then installed openldap-24-server with SASL option checked.
[_ldap]? #library_dirs = /opt/openldap-RE24/lib library_dirs = /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/sasl2 #include_dirs = /opt/openldap-RE24/include /usr/include/sasl include_dirs = /usr/local/include /usr/local/include/sasl defines = HAVE_SASL HAVE_TLS
after editing the setup.cfg file in python-ldap2.4.7 I ran ~/zope/Python/bin/python setup.py build successful
then ~/zope/Python/bin/python setup.py install
setuptools 0.6c9 is already the active version in easy-install.pth Installing easy_install script to /usr/local/PLONE33INTR/Python-2.4/bin Installing easy_install-2.4 script to /usr/local/PLONE33INTR/Python-2.4/bin
Using /usr/local/PLONE33INTR/Python-2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg Finished processing dependencies for python-ldap==2.4.7 [root@sun /usr/local/PLONELDAP/python-ldap-2.4.7]?#
Success... No Buildout.cfg installation for python-ldap successful.
But when I tried to start my openldap using /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd nothing is starting sockstat -4p 389 returns nothing runnning.
but no error reporrt :
Checking /var/log/debug.log telling ldap can't find backend bdb. I forgot bdb to checked while installing openldap24-server. So I reinstalled openldap24-server with bdb and sasl options checked. Now everything okay.
Next step is to Install PloneLDAP? for our PLONE3.3 installation. I downloaded the PloneLDAP? PloneLDAP?-bundle-1.0.tar.gz and untarred it to the zinstance/products directory and restarted the server I am able to find the ActiveDirectory? and PloneLDAP? plugins in the ACL_User folder of my intranet site.
Here we need to install simplon.plone.ldap for getting the LDAP config panel in Plone control panel.
simplon.plone.ldap-1.0.tar.gz downloaded and and untarred it a location say /usr/local then edite setup.py for the following to disable.
only this option should be enabled for simplone.
Then ~/zopeinstance/python/bin/python setup.py build && install will install successfully. But doesn't appear in Plone Control panel.
add an entry for simplon.plone.ldap
- xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope" xmlns:five="http://namespaces.zope.org/five" xmlns:genericsetup="http://namespaces.zope.org/genericsetup" i18n_domain="intranet.policy"> <include package="intranet.theme"/> <include package="simplon.plone.ldap"/>
then restart the zope then in Plone control panel add/remove section it will be visible as LDAP Support just install it.
Then configure it for the ldap parameters. add the attributes Please share the following details
- rDN attribute ( is it cn/sn/mail or uid ? ) ==>uid
- user id attribute ( is it cn/sn/mail or uid ? ) ==> uid
- login name attribute ( is it cn/sn/mail or uid ? ) ==>
- Ldap object class ( is it inetOrgPerson or pilotPerson ?) ==>inetOrgPerson
5. Bind DN ( will be a manager account with the bind password ( format: cn=Manager,dc=asdc,dc=army,dc=mil) password ? ==> cn=admin,dc=dbrait,dc=edu password is admin
- Base DN for users ==> ou=people,dc=dbrait,dc=edu
- Base DN for groups ==> ou=groups,dc=dbrait,dc=edu
Then in LDAP Servers
- You add server Name (Not IP address) ldapserver.dbrait.edu
- type just LDAP (not ssl)
connection timeout 5 operation timeout 10 sec thats it : But in the Plone machine were it hosted you add /etc/hosts 192.168.31.226 ldapserver.dbrait.edu
then save it Now plone will accept the ldap users credentials for auth.
plone.app.ldap is the latest interface to manage ldap connections for Plone-4.0 onwards
you can install it with downloading the plone.app.ldap package and using your zope instance python setup.py build and install
Then it won't appear in add/remove product of plone sitesetup You need to do a ee " plone.app.ldap-configure.zcml" file in [root@sun /usr/PLONE-414/zinstance/parts/instance/etc/package-includes
]# with the following contents
<include package="plone.app.ldap" /> then restart plone it will appear in sitesetup.