IOSN NewsUp one level
IOSN News and Announcements
- User Guide to Using the Linux Desktop by Khairil Yusof — last modified 2004-08-18 02:06 PM
- UNDP-APDIP International Open Source Network (IOSN) has released Linux end user training materials. "User Guide to Using the Linux Desktop" is an introductory guide for a user to use a modern personal computer (PC) running the Linux operating system. The main aim is to provide a self-learning guide on how to use a modern Linux desktop system. It assumes that the user has no prior knowledge of Linux or PC usage.
- ICT R&D Grants for Asia Pacific by Khairil Yusof — last modified 2004-09-08 08:32 PM
- The Pan Asia ICT R&D Grants Programme has announced the October 2004 Competition round for ICT R&D grant applicants from developing countries in the Asia Pacific region. This open theme competition welcomes proposals that address ICT related issues. Grants are open to Free/Open Source Software projects and IOSN encourages those interested to apply.
- IOSN General Mailing List by Khairil Yusof — last modified 2007-03-15 10:17 PM
- IOSN General Mailing List and auto-subscription resulted in new discussions, but also caused a lot of users to be distressed by the large amount of emails generated. IOSN explains the reasons behind their actions.
- IOSN Upgrades to new server by Khairil Yusof — last modified 2004-10-17 02:18 AM
- After being Slashdotted twice in one week, the IOSN has now moved to a faster dedicated server with more bandwidth. We now hope to provide better access to our popular FOSS materials and to support a larger commmunity.
- Request for expression of interest to manage a sub-regional node of the International Open Source Network by Khairil Yusof — last modified 2005-09-02 01:16 AM
- UNDP-APDIP would like to bring to your attention this request for expression of interest to initiate and manage a sub-regional node of the International Open Source Network with the guidance of UNDP-APDIP. Please submit your expression of interest by 20 September 2005 to email@example.com
- New Open Source Centres of Excellence by Khairil Yusof — last modified 2006-05-29 09:40 AM
- In order to address the growing information and technological needs of the Asia and Pacific region, the International Open Source Network (IOSN) has established three new Centres of Excellence – IOSN ASEAN+3, IOSN PIC (Pacific Island Countries), and IOSN South Asia. Together, these Centres will continue the research and development, networking, institutional strengthening, and training undertaken by IOSN over the last three years to advance the adoption of free/open source software, open standards, and open content across the region.